A Python-based interactive computing environment for your browser
Interactive live documents
Live collaborative IDE
Notebook based interactive document system
- Mix rich text and code (like IPython notebook)
- Interactive output: results of computation can be more than static
text and images; you can use JQuery controls to drive updates, audio and more...
- Live documents: use Ubiquitous Larch to create live, interactive pages; see the built-in live
documentation for an example.
- Collaborative environment: changes made by you are seen in real-time by your collaborators,
(not just to your code; your output objects are shared too). Build collaborative interfaces in Python with little effort.
- Live Python objects: like Smalltalk, the entire programming environment
(and the results your code creates) is composed of live objects.
Learn more about what Ubiquitous Larch can do.
Get Ubiquitous Larch here.
Minimal requirements: no libraries required
Works out-of-the-box with no additional python libraries.
Compatible with most Python VMs
Ubiquitous Larch runs on CPython,
PyPy, Jython and IronPython.
This project is a web-based re-implementation of parts of The Larch Environment, a desktop based programming environment for Jython that features a novel
mixed textual and visual programming system